[gmx-users] Mix solvent

Manohar Murthi sir_donald_bradman at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 27 15:59:44 CEST 2006

karim

trust is good.

one possible method to generate your initial
configuration is to do monte carlo insertions of
solvent molecules until the desired numbers of
each are present in your box. this method
has the advantage that the box will be truly mixed.

there are probably many codes out there to do this,
but i use music by the snurr research group
(http://zeolites.cqe.northwestern.edu), which
allows you to stop a grand canonical monte carlo
sim (constant mu,v,t) when user-defined criteria
have been met.

if you choose to use this method, be warned that
you'll have to do a really thorough energy
minimization before launching your md.

cheers
mo