[gmx-users] Deshuffling atoms vs. residues

Jerome Henin jhenin at vitae.cmm.upenn.edu
Tue Aug 1 00:01:50 CEST 2006

Okay, now I have a partial answer to my own question. Apparently, when using
the -sort and -shuffle options, the indexfile written by grompp undoes the
shuffling, but not the sorting, so to speak. This became clear when I noticed
that using just -shuffle without -sort produced the very same indexfile.

So let me replace my original question with two and a half questions:
1) Is this the intended behavior, and if so, what's the idea behind it?

2) How can I restore the original order?

Thanks,
Jerome