[gmx-users] parallel in duals?

Jones de Andrade johannesrs at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 00:27:24 CEST 2006

Ok, I know this subject have been discussed in the past.

But I started to wander if the basic conclusion (do not use in parallel, you
should rather use on job for each core) is still up, and if it is, if there
is any hope of change in a foresight future, as well on how much real loss
is observed from running one process in parallel when compared to two at the
same time.

I'm wondering about this subject due to the arise of the core 2 duo, as well
the expected quad cores from amd and intel and the, semmingly "affordable",
dual processor motherboards from AMD for both dual and quad-cores.

Thanks you all,

Jones