[gmx-users] PME usage in 3.3 & g_energy: doubt ?

Gerrit Groenhof (RUG) g.groenhof at rug.nl
Tue Aug 1 16:17:11 CEST 2006

First, with rlist = rvdw, you will not get long range Lennard Jones
interactions. In fact I would recommend using a larger vdw cut-off, as
0.9 is very short. Are you sure you are using the same mdp file?

About the LR coulomb, it will only appear if you have rlist < rcoulomb.
In that case the sphere between rlist and rcoulomb is frozen for the
direct electrostatic interaction calculation during PME between two
nlist updates (set by nlist = X).

Gerrit