[gmx-users] problem using pairtypes 2, 3 for free-energy decoupling

Alexey Shaytan shaytan at polly.phys.msu.ru
Tue Aug 1 18:11:03 CEST 2006

Dear David, all,

I'm not 100% sure that i'm doing everything right, mainly because I have
found only a slight record about pairtypes 2,3 in the manual.
And on the revision list for GROMACS 3.3 this feature is the very last on
the list. So I wonder if it was really implemented in 3.3.1 release?

However, it seems to me that grompp (3.3.1) really disregards the
interaction type for pairs. E.g. setting arbitary function type (like 8 or
9) for pair interactions gives no error message whereas doing the same for
other forcefiels directives would yield an error: interaction type
undefined.

Thanks,
Alexey

e-mail: shaytan at polly.phys.msu.ru