[gmx-users] Which Lipid Bilayer for GPCR Simulations

Akshay Patny akshay17 at olemiss.edu
Wed Aug 2 18:47:25 CEST 2006

Dear All

I am trying to simulate a class A GPCR model in presence of a lipid bilayer.
For that, I am trying to prepare my initial system consisting of Protein +
Pre-hydrated Lipid bilayer + Counter-ions.

Since I would be using GROMACS 3.3.1, I am planning to use the pre-hydrated
lipid bilayer available through Prof. Peter Tieleman's website:
http://moose.bio.ucalgary.ca/index.php?page=Structures_and_Topologies

I am curious what kind of bilayer should I use out of DPPC, DMPC, POPC
available? Does some lipid bilayer provide certain advantages over others
for simulation of GPCRs?

I appreciate any suggestions regarding the same.

Regards

Akshay

Akshay Patny

Graduate Research Assistant
Faser Hall 417, Department of Medicinal Chemistry

Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences
University of Mississippi
University, MS 38677
E-mail: akshay17 at olemiss.edu
Tel: 662-915-1286 (office); Web: www.olemiss.edu