[gmx-users] pdb2gmx and ignh

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 09:37:53 CEST 2006

Hi Frisco,

Are you by chance using a _united_ atom force field (GROMOS?). And are
you wondering where all you're non-polar hydrogens are? Please read
the manual (better) and read the papers about the force field you're
using. -ignh strips all hydrogens, which is handy if there are
hydrogens present which shouldn't be there according to the
description in the force field. In that case, all hydrogens which
should be there, according to the force field, are added bakc
according to a set of geometrical rules.

I hope this answers your question.

Cheers,

Tsjerk