[gmx-users] Re: Re: Re: Electrostatics of Rigid Water

Justin M. Shorb shorb at wisc.edu
Mon Aug 7 22:03:55 CEST 2006

Greetings all!

Thank you for your suggestions. I have figured out my problem with
getting different electrostatic forces from the same input file with
regards to flexible vs. rigid water. I wanted to post the results here
in case anyone in the future looks into the archives.

The initial setup for settle is called before the MD loop begins, and
actually moves all the atoms a slight amount from the initial input
file. This small discrepancy accounted for my previous disagreement
between rigid and flexible water. Thus it was not the kernel that had
changed, but the positions of the atoms.

Justin

Justin M. Shorb			Phone: (608) 262-0483
Skinner Group				shorb at wisc.edu
University of Wisconsin-Madison,  Department of Chemistry
1101 University Ave., Madison, WI, 53706