[gmx-users] Hen egg white lysozyme.

David Mobley dmobley at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 06:32:13 CEST 2006

Vissu,

Depends on what you are trying to do. Many proteins deposited in the
pdb contain "uninteresting" ligands bound to them (i.e. cosolvent
molecules, etc.) On the other hand, sometimes ligands are functionally
important or significantly affect the structure. You have to decide
whether you want to include NAG or not; it might help to first figure
out what it is and what it's used for (perhaps look up its name, and
look at the paper and PDB headers...).

It is obviously harder to come up with parameters for NAG than not. If
you end up deciding it's not important, you can, for example, just
remove the HETATM entries dealing with it before running pdb2gmx.

David