[gmx-users] help with distance restraints

Arthur Roberts aroberts99163 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 8 08:28:24 CEST 2006

Hi, Michael,

1) add Cu2+ the [atoms], [bonds], etc sections in the
.top file.
2) you need to change all the entries in the residue
column of the [atoms] section to the same name (e.g.
MOL) in both the top file and the gro file, including
all the residues of the protein.  Gromacs needs to
think that it is one big molecule.

Then the distance restraints will work fine.  I made a
script file in python to change all the entries to the
same name.

Change the [ molecules ] section to reflect that the
protein and the Cu2+ is treated as one molecule.

e.g.

[ molecules ]
; Compound        #mols
Protein             1