Fwd: [gmx-users] Hen egg white lysozyme.

Viswanadham Sridhara muta.mestri at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 04:53:32 CEST 2006

Hello Dr.Spoel and others,
There is one more problem with the simulation of hen egg white lysozyme
simulation in water I am running. The timestep I could use is just 0.5 fs or
0.0005ps. Is there any way around to increase the timestep.
This is how a part of my mdp file looks like:

; RUN CONTROL PARAMETERS =
integrator               = md
;emstep                   = 0.001
;emtol                    = 100
; start time and timestep in ps =
tinit                    = 0.0
dt                       = 0.0005
nsteps                   = 2000000
; number of steps for center of mass motion removal =
comm_mode         = Angular
nstcomm                  = 1
comm_grps                = Protein_A

; This selects the subset of atoms for the xtc file. You can =
; select multiple groups. By default all atoms will be written. =
xtc-grps                 =
; Selection of energy groups =
energygrps               = Protein_A SOL Na Cl

; OPTIONS FOR WEAK COUPLING ALGORITHMS =
; Temperature coupling   =
tcoupl                   = Berendsen
; Groups to couple separately =
tc-grps                  = Protein_A SOL Na Cl
; Time constant (ps) and reference temperature (K) =
tau_t                    = 0.1 0.1 0.1 0.1
ref_t                    = 328 328 328 328
; Pressure coupling      =
Pcoupl                   = Berendsen
Pcoupltype               = isotropic
; Time constant (ps), compressibility (1/bar) and reference P (bar) =
tau_p                    =  1.0
compressibility          =  5e-5
ref_p                    =  1.0

; SIMULATED ANNEALING CONTROL =
annealing                = no no no no
; Time at which temperature should be zero (ps) =
;zero_temp_time           = 0

; GENERATE VELOCITIES FOR STARTUP RUN =
gen_vel                  = yes
gen_temp                 = 328
gen_seed                 = 473529

; OPTIONS FOR BONDS     =
constraints              = none
; Type of constraint algorithm =
constraint_algorithm     = SHAKE
; Do not constrain the start configuration =
unconstrained_start      = no
; Relative tolerance of shake =
shake_tol                = 0.00001
; Highest order in the expansion of the constraint coupling matrix =
lincs_order              = 4
; Lincs will write a warning to the stderr if in one step a bond =
; rotates over more degrees than =
lincs_warnangle          = 30
; Convert harmonic bonds to morse potentials =
morse                    = no

; NMR refinement stuff  =
; Distance restraints type: No, Simple or Ensemble =
disre                    = No
; Force weighting of pairs in one distance restraint: Equal or Conservative
=
disre_weighting          = Equal
; Use sqrt of the time averaged times the instantaneous violation =
disre_mixed              = no
disre_fc                 = 1000
disre_tau                = 1.25
; Output frequency for pair distances to energy file =
nstdisreout              = 100

; Free energy control stuff =
free_energy              = no
init_lambda              = 0
delta_lambda             = 0
sc-alpha                 = 0
sc-sigma                 = 0.3

Thanks,
-Vissu.

On 8/11/06, David van der Spoel <spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se> wrote:

> Viswanadham Sridhara wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> > I could figure out that parameters for NAG are not that important. So, I
> > used free HEWL.
> > I started running it, but I realize that the protein started to rotate
> > around the center of mass with a frequency of around 200ps.
> > I used "Linear" as an option for comm_mode and I used "Protein" in
> > comm_grps.
> > Any reason Why the protein is rotating around its center of mass, is it
> > normal?
>
> yes.
>
> comm_mode = angular
>
> > Thanks in advance.