[gmx-users] g_hbond

Erik Marklund erikm at xray.bmc.uu.se
Wed Aug 23 14:50:16 CEST 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-23 at 07:38 -0500, Moore, Jonathan (J) wrote:
> Erik,
>
> Thanks for the explanations!  I'm glad to see that the two things that were
> causing me the main problems aren't bugs.
>
> If the reverse ordering in -hbm and -hbn output isn't a bug, then the
> documentation certainly needs to be updated.  The online and paper manuals
> say that the -hbm output "Ordering is identical to that in -hbn index file"
> which obviously is not the case if it is reversed.

Yes. This surely deserved some better documentation. As I said, the
reason for this reversed order is unknown to me and has eluded me once.
One of my co-workers, much more perceptive than me apparently, brought
it my attention after several weeks of work on some h-bond stuff.

> It would also be nice to include a better description of "Pairs within 0.35
> nm" in the documentation.

Yes, I agree. I changed some of the legends in the latest two cvs
versions I think, but let the "Pairs within 0.35 nm" stay the way it was
since the legends should be kept fairly short in my opinion. "Pairs
within 0.35 nm, but with angle > 30o" might be a bit too long. h(t) and
g(t) might be better choices, but it requires some knowledge about the
h-bond terminology that gromacs has adopted.