[gmx-users] bond between protein and DNA

Joern Lenz JLenz at zbh.uni-hamburg.de
Fri Aug 25 11:25:15 CEST 2006

First of all: Many thanks to you, David. Without your help i would not have
got so far.
I think my input structure is fine and using chimera e.g. for viewing,  the
connection bewteen the Tyr-OH and the P of the DNA backbone is fine. But
using pdb2gmx produces the following warning:

Opening library file /share/gromacs/top/aminoacids.dat
WARNING: all CONECT records are ignored

Can that warning be connected with my problem that the wrong dna strand is
connected to the protein? In an earlier you wrote that if if i only use dna
everything is fine but else not. Obvious i use DNA and it seems not to be
fine. how can i fix this warning ? what do i have to modify and where ?
Many thanks. I guess I owe you a beer.
Greetings
Joern

Joern Lenz wrote:
> Thanks so far.
> the protein and the one dna strand are now regarded to be one molecule, but
it
> is the wrong strand of the dna and i do not know who to tell pdb2gmx to use
> not this but the other dna strand which has a 4 bases overlap with which is
> is bound to the tyrosine OH
> is there anybody who has a suggestion that may help me fix this ?

Are you sure? You have to generate correct starting structure in that case.
pdb2gmx connects the DNA to protein if the distance is within 10 % of
what you specify in the specbond.dat file.

--
David.
Husargatan 3, Box 596,          75124 Uppsala, Sweden