[gmx-users] published work on MD timescales/biological motions

Daniel Rigden drigden at liverpool.ac.uk
Fri Aug 25 12:23:06 CEST 2006

Dear all

This is a general MD question I'm afraid but I think this the quickest
way to access an informed community.
I remember seeing a while back an article that said that although MD
simulations only extend to a timescale shorter than some biological
motions, that these motions are typically quite well represented in the
MD trajectories.  I think extracting principal components/essential
dynamics was in there somewhere.
Can anyone remind me what the article was or point me to any other
literature with which to answer a referee's point that a standard length
simulation may not have been long enough to see some expected motions?

Thanks

Daniel

--
Dr Daniel John Rigden                     Tel:(+44) 151 795 4467
School of Biological Sciences             FAX:(+44) 151 795 4406