[gmx-users] Configuration on an IBM power computer

Volker Knecht vknecht at mpikg.mpg.de
Mon Aug 28 18:29:46 CEST 2006

Dear all,

I have a problem with the configuration of gmx3.3 on an IBM power
computer which was reported in here in the mailing list previously by
Xie Yinghong. When trying to configure a parallel version of gmx on an
IBM power computer with operating system AIX, I recieve the error

    "cannot compute sizeof (int)".

I have contacted Xie Yinghong who told me that this problem only occurs
with the parallel and not with the sequential version. He could not
solve the problem, but, rather, uses gmx3.2 now for which the problem
does not occur. This is, however, no option for me, as I want to use a
feature not implemented in gmx3.2 yet.

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Volker

--