[gmx-users] clarification on configuration error: configure: error: conditional "am__fastdepCXX" was never defined.

David Mobley dmobley at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 19:23:25 CEST 2006

All,

I'm running into an error when running configure after bootstrap on
the CVS version of GROMACS 3.3.1. I've previously compiled the release
version of 3.3 with no problems. The error is this:

configure: error: conditional "am__fastdepCXX" was never defined.

This has previously been discussed on the list (below), but I'm a bit
confused about how to troubleshoot. Looking at my Makefile.am, it is
clearly older than my configure script, which is the problem this is
attributed to below. What other problems might cause this?

Thanks,
David