[gmx-users] Sorting pdb file.

Sheeja vasudevan vasudevan at iit.edu
Wed Aug 30 00:43:44 CEST 2006

Hi David,
Thank you replying!!
It is a PDB file containing the coordinates for  atom types SI, OS and
HO. I want to use it to make an *.itp file for the molecule. I want to
use it as a single residue.
I have an in house code that would read the information in the pdb
file, read charge group and other required bonded and non-bonded
parameters and output a file (hopefully!!)  in itp format. But for this
I need to have the pdb file in sequence. Currently the file that i got
from somewhere (??) has atom1 bonded to atoms 370,345,2499 and 1935.
since i have to define charge groups before running my code it is
impossible for me to use the pdb file with out sorting it.
I tried x2top but the error was missing force field information.
I was wondering it there is some software that can read my pdb, maybe a
visualization software, and then allow me to save the atoms in the
sequence they are bonded. Am i sounding too complicated?
thanks a lot for the help.

Sheeja.