[gmx-users] indexing atoms *Altering code

toma0052 toma0052 at umn.edu
Fri Dec 1 00:01:05 CET 2006

Hi,
     Thank you for the response.  Being that Fortran is much more my
language of choice than C, I was wondering if someone could point me in the
right direction as far as modifying the C code to do what I want.  It is my
understanding that an mdrun begins by making a neighbor list, computing the
forces, globally summing the forces, and then updating the positions and
velocities.  So I am assuming that, just after globally summing the forces,
I can run an if statement  over all of the solvent molecules testing
whether their z-coordinate is within certain bounds, and if so, simply add
Fsum = Fsum + Fext.  My question is, where do I do this?  Do I have to do
it in multiple files?  Where are those files stored in Gromacs?  Is it the
mdrun.h and force.h files that I need to modify?  Sorry if this should be
obvious, but again, my C skills are not the best.

Thank you,
Mike