[gmx-users] genion question

Samuel C Flores samuel.flores at yale.edu
Mon Dec 11 19:16:46 CET 2006

Hi Guys,

I have a question.  I am using genion to add two ZN2+ ions to a protein that
already has two.  I thought I would just use genion with –np 2.  However it
seemed to recognize that there were already two in the file and added none.
So instead I used the parameter –np 4.  This seemed to add two, for a total
of four, which I wanted.  However sometimes it seems to add two too many!
Am I understanding the proper use of the –np parameter?

Many thanks in advance.

Sam

Samuel Flores

Gerstein Lab