[gmx-users] pair-distance distribution function

Jon Ellis jon.ellis at utoronto.ca
Fri Feb 3 16:24:11 CET 2006

Daniela, thank you for your help.

I tried using g_rdf to calculate the vector lengths of all atom-pair
distances in a protein. I dumped a single frame from my trajectory using
trjconv, then ran
    g_rdf -f protein.gro -o rdf -n protein.ndx -bin 0.001
This gave me what appeared to be a pair distance distribution, except
that it seemed to truncate the list at r=4.085 nm, and the P(r) value at
this r was non-zero. I know from other analyses that the protein should
have longer distances than 4 nm. I tried different bin sizes, and
different endq and startq values, but the result remained the same.

Is there something I'm missing, or can I not do pair-distance
distribution functions using g_rdf?

Cheers
Jon