[gmx-users] Re: converting pdb to gmx successfully - how?

Maik Goette mgoette at mpi-bpc.mpg.de
Mon Feb 6 13:11:55 CET 2006

David, that's obvious...;)

Nevertheless, I tried to discuss the topic half a year before.
So, just do it again, now.
What I did to solve the problems, is just renaming everything properly.
Maybe it's a good idea, if we would use a standardized naming for the
ff-file-entries. I think, there is no need of changing code.
Its easy for pdb2gmx to distinguish between RNA and DNA, if the bases
are named e.g. DA for DNA-Adenine and RA for RNA-Adenine and so on.
Again, I offer to send my modified files to anyone, who needs them.
pdb2gmx should go through them without a problem, if the PDB-file
entries are named the correct way. Also the protonation is done the
correct way.

Regards

Maik Goette, Dipl. Biol.
Theoretical & computational biophysics department
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen
Germany
Tel.  : ++49 551 201 2310