[gmx-users] pressure coupling and running MD

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 11:03:34 CET 2006

Hi Ninoo,

With constant volume, you may get differences in the solvent density over
time, which can affect the domain motion. Probably you're better off with
pressure coupling.

Tsjerk

On 2/10/06, Yang Ye <leafyoung81-group at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Volume change or pressure change is not a primary issue. Grab a modeling &
> simulation book to know the difference in NPT and NVT. Also refer to
> papers
> in this field.

Tsjerk A. Wassenaar, M.Sc.
Groningen Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology Institute (GBB)
Dept. of Biophysical Chemistry
University of Groningen
Nijenborgh 4
9747AG Groningen, The Netherlands