[gmx-users] rmsd-dist.xvg

Daniela S. Mueller d.s.mueller at rug.nl
Tue Feb 14 01:17:21 CET 2006

hi,

as the distribution of the rmsds is a projection of all rmsds on a
(one-dimensional) distance, you can't tell if they belong from one or
more clusters and therefore one or more minima.

i think xavier is right with his careful statement.

in this distribution, smaller peaks can be hidden under your sum of
peaks, depending on your sample. better experiment a little with the
cutoff.

BEWARE: there was a bug in g_cluster. see earlier mailing list
contributions about that and fix it first, if you want to use it for
clustering.

success!
daniela

--

Daniela S. Mueller

Diplom biologist

-Molecular Dynamics Group, UQ -

Address:
School of Molecular and Microbial Sciences (SMMS)
Chemistry Building (#68)
University of Queensland
Qld 4072, Brisbane
Australia