[gmx-users] T-coupling: System vs. Protein Sol?

David Mobley dmobley at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 21:49:07 CET 2006

Flexibility is always desirable. For example, in free energy calculations,
sometimes one group (i.e. part of the protein, or a small molecule) is
decoupled or partly decoupled from the rest of the system. In this case it's
quite useful to be able to have a separate thermostat for the ligand or the
part of the protein, since it's not interacting with the rest of the system
(or partially noninteracting) and so there is actually no (or little) heat
transfer.  Presumably there are many other cases where you would want to do
this sort of thing.

David