[gmx-users] NMA problem (again and again!)

Fabrizio Mancinelli fabrizio.mancinelli at unina2.it
Tue Feb 21 09:56:36 CET 2006

Hi Rossen,
before claiming a bug I'm looking for (hopefully) a mistake by myself!
I tried to minimize further (by using l-bfgs) the cg-minimized structure, but
I got the same error. Maybe the structure is not properly minimized yet?
Another problem could be inferred to the electrostatic treatment. Following
David's suggestion, I applied non-cutoff treatment (molecule's in vacuum):

nstlist = 5
ns_type = simple
pbc = no
rlist = 2.5
coulombtype = shift
rcoulomb-switch = 1
rcoulomb = 2
vdwtype = shift
rvdw-switch = 0
rvdw = 1

Maybe I put wrong values for the parameters or their combination doesn't make
sense; I accept suggestions!

Unfortunately I'm afraid it's not possible to compare with older versions,
because they don't support sparse matrix representation (my molecule is quite
big).

Fabrizio