[gmx-users] checking oplsaa parameters in the .top file

rob yang nextgame at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 23 23:39:32 CET 2006

Hi list,
I have generated a .top file for my molecule (non-protein) using the oplsaa
format. Here's a snip of what the .top file looks like:
_BEGIN SNIP
[ atoms ]
; id    at type res nr  residu name     at name         cg nr   charge
1       opls_135     1       BAL               C             1      -0.180
2       opls_140     1       BAL               H             1       0.060
3       opls_140     1       BAL               H             1       0.060
4       opls_140     1       BAL               H             1       0.060
[dihedrals]
1 5 7 8      3
_END SNIP
I am guessing that the actual torsion parameters are generated based on the
oplsaa_id corresponding to each atom index. Is there a way for me to
actually see which parameters are generated? In particular, the gromos .top
files usually contain the information:
_BEGIN SNIP
[dihedrals]
    2     1     5     9        1 	 gd_29
..
_END SNIP
so I know gd_29 is assigned to these 4 atoms. How would I obtain that
information from the oplsaa .top files?

Thank you very much in advance.

Rob