[gmx-users] Replica exchange shell script

Sukit Leekumjorn leekumjo at vt.edu
Mon Feb 27 05:07:50 CET 2006

Thank you very much Mark

I got REMD to run now but I ended up having the same problem as the
other users had in the past.  Below is the error message.  I got this to
run for 2 nodes.  For 4, 6, and 8 nodes, the below error shows up in the
log files.  I did try several suggestions from the mailing list, but I
could not get  it to runs more than 2 nodes.  Any suggestion in fixing
this problem would be greatly appreciated.  Here is the executable
command line I used:

export EXEC="$FF/mdrun_3.3_gcc_mpi -multi -np 8 -replex 200 -s dpp.tpr
-deffnm dpp"

I did try removing -multi but did not work.  I also "grompp" the .mdp in
the double precision mode (floating problem), but still did not work.

Thanks you very much,
Sukit

Multi-checking the number of atoms ... OK
Multi-checking the integrator ... OK
Multi-checking nsteps ... OK
Multi-checking init_step ... OK
Multi-checking the temperature coupling ... OK
Multi-checking the number of temperature coupling groups ... OK
Multi-checking the pressure coupling ... OK
Repl  There are 8 replicas:
Repl      0     1     2     3     4     5     6     7
Repl  T 340.0 345.0 350.0 355.0 360.0 365.0 370.0 375.0
Repl  p  1.00  1.00  1.00  1.00  1.00  1.00  1.00
Program mdrun_3.3_gcc_mpi, VERSION 3.3
Source code file: repl_ex.c, line: 142

Fatal error:
The reference pressure decreases with increasing temperature