[gmx-users] nucleic acis simulation

Miguel Ortiz Lombardia molatwork at yahoo.es
Tue Feb 28 10:54:41 CET 2006

Thank you Maik.

The AMBER ports are some I'm testing, sure.
BTW, I can't get it ready if I solvate the model. Everything goes fine
until grompp complains:

$> grompp -v -f em -c watered -o em -p nucT

(...)

Program grompp, VERSION 3.3
Source code file: toppush.c, line: 1108

Fatal error:
[ file "/usr/local/gromacs/share/gromacs/top/spc.itp", line 41 ]:
             Atom index (1) in settles out of bounds (1-0)

Any clues of what may be wrong?

If I don't solvate the model and remove the include line in the top file
for "sol.itp" the problem disappears...

Thank you,

Miguel

Maik Goette escribió el 28/02/06 09:54 :
> Take the Amber-Port:
>
> http://folding.stanford.edu/ffamber/
> http://www.gromacs.org/topologies/uploaded_force_fields/ffamber_v1.0-doc.tar.gz
>

> But beware of renaming atoms and residues before use. If you don't
> pdb2gmx will inform you about problems.
>
> Regards
>
> Maik Goette, Dipl. Biol.
> Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry
> Theoretical & computational biophysics department
> Am Fassberg 11
> 37077 Goettingen
> Germany
> Tel.  : ++49 551 201 2310
> Fax   : ++49 551 201 2302
> Email : mgoette[at]mpi-bpc.mpg.de
>         mgoette2[at]gwdg.de
> WWW   : http://www.mpibpc.gwdg.de/groups/grubmueller/
>

> Miguel Ortiz Lombardia wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> This is a question from someone just taking some timid steps in this
> field. I'd like to know what force field, among those available in
> Gromacs (v. 3.3) would you consider "better" for models containing
> nucleic acids. As I understand this may be kind of a matter of taste and
> could open a somehow sterile discussion, I would suggest you send your
> opinion/arguments to my address. I would then compile a summary of the
> answers and post it later.
>
> Thanking you in advance for your kindness.
> Cheers,
>

> Miguel
Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the www
interface or send it to gmx-users-request at gromacs.org.

.

- --
Miguel Ortiz Lombardía