[gmx-users] temp and press coupling

maria papadopoulou maria_papadopoulou55 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 1 20:01:08 CET 2006

Hi

As someone interested in using gromacs I have been looking at the mailing
list and trying to decide on which  temp and presure coupling method to use.
My preference would be to use Nose Hoover for temp and  Parrinello Rahman
for pressure coupling, but I have read some posts that suggest that there
are problems with these methods in gromacs:

NH
http://www.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-developers/2005-March/001062.html
http://www.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2004-November/013017.html
Parrinello Rahman
http://www.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2003-October/007426.html
http://www.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2003-October/007426.html
and in paticular the fix mentione in the following link, for which i can
find no further detials of:
http://www.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2004-January/008670.html

Could someone please advise me as to how serious these problems are in
paricular when using parrinello rahman with an octahedral box and isotropic
pressure coupling.

I have v 3.2.1 installed

Thanks

Maria