[gmx-users] Parallel run

Dhananjay dhananjay.c.joshi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 11:10:24 CET 2006

Dear all,

When gromacs parallel version is installed on two nodes and tried to
fire a parallel job following error occour.

-bash-2.05b$ mdrun -np 2 -s 1WMI_em.tpr -o 1WMI_em.trr -c 1WMI_b4pr.gro -e
em.edr -g em.log

It seems that there is no lamd running on this host, which indicates
that the LAM/MPI runtime environment is not operating.  The LAM/MPI
runtime environment is necessary for MPI programs to run (the MPI
program tired to invoke the "MPI_Init" function).

Please run the "lamboot" command the start the LAM/MPI runtime
environment.  See the LAM/MPI documentation for how to invoke
"lamboot" across multiple machines.

I have simply installed gromacs-3.3 on two nodes as per the procedure given
on web.

Yet I didn't fing "lamboot" command. I have installed lam-7.0.6

Please suggest me the way to get parallel run.