[gmx-users] Dummy particle

Junfang.Zhang at csiro.au Junfang.Zhang at csiro.au
Thu Jan 5 05:33:47 CET 2006

Dear Yang Ye,

Thank you very much. Your help is deeply appreciated.

When I read Table 5.4 on page 99 of manual-3.2.pdf, there is one line:

(type     directive  #at    func  parameters)
Dummy3fd   dummies3   4     2    a(), d(nm)

It is clear that d is in unit nm, how about a? What does () mean?

I am not clear about the coordinate reference frame for Figure 4.16
(page 78). For 3fd, if parameter d>0, does it mean that the dummy
particle is on the right-hand side of particle i (as all the
constructing particles are not labeled, I just guess from the context)?

Regards and thanks,

Junfang