[gmx-users] Newbie question

Nataraj B (R&D-Biotech) nataraj at orchidpharma.com
Thu Jan 5 13:21:56 CET 2006

Hi,
        I am a newbie to GROMACS , I am getting an error while trying to
prepare my protein for MD run at the stage of  "grompp" as per the
GROMACS flow chart
(http://www.gromacs.org/documentation/reference_3.2/online/flow.html
<http://www.gromacs.org/documentation/reference_3.2/online/flow.html> )

The error reported in terminal is
Fatal error: number of coordinates in coordinate file (out.gro, 378)
             does not match topology (topol.top, 0)
but I checked topol.top file , in which ,of course the coordinates are
differing between out.gro and topol.top, but the error report of  0 as
number of coordinate in topol.top is confusing me.

All the step before grompp, I used everything as default. More I used
spc216.gro (as given in the package) for solvation purpose.

Please let me know where could possibly I make the mistake.
More I will be more thankful if any one can provide me the step wise command
to make any protein of your interest for taking it up to setting a
successful dynamics.

Thanks in advance,
B.Nataraj

Disclaimer: This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information
and is sent for the intended recipient(s) only. If by an addressing or
transmission error this mail has been misdirected to you, you are requested
to delete this mail immediately. You are also hereby notified that any use,
any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its
attachment other than by its intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited.