[gmx-users] Conbination rule

leafyoung81-group at yahoo.com leafyoung81-group at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 6 03:36:55 CET 2006

Hi, Zhang

I don't think that's a printing error. 5.1 and 5.2 is for the definition of two parameters given in the whatever [atomtypes] [nonbonded_params] and [pairtypes].
5.3 and 5.4 determines how inter-atomic LJ parameters are defined from the two parameters in [atomtypes].

You may find two forcefields and determines sigma and epsilon for same type of atom according to their comb-rule. Every forcefield shall conserve this.
Second, you may derive the parameters for two atoms from [atomtypes] and compare with its given value in [nonbond_params] (e.g. ffgmx2.itp). They may be different but could be the same.

Yang Ye