[gmx-users] Parallel run

Dhananjay dhananjay.c.joshi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 08:06:57 CET 2006

Hello all,

As per the instructions, I have done the following...

for the path of lam:

bash-2.05b$ whereis lam
lam: /etc/lam /usr/share/lam /usr/man/man7/lam.7
/usr/share/man/man7/lam.7.gz

for the path of mpirun :

-bash-2.05b$ whereis mpirun
mpirun: /usr/bin/mpirun /usr/man/man1/mpirun.1
/usr/share/man/man1/mpirun.1.gz

for the path of lamboot::

-bash-2.05b$ whereis lamboot
lamboot: /usr/bin/lamboot /usr/man/man1/lamboot.1
/usr/share/man/man1/lamboot.1.gz

when I checked the PATH I found following.

-bash-2.05b$ echo $PATH
/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/share/lam:/etc/lam

As path /usr/share/lam is there I have tried again grompp and mdrun command
but still I am getting an error as follows:

-bash-2.05b$ mdrun -np 2 -f 1WMI_em.tpr -o 1WMI_em.trr -c 1WMI_b4pr.gro -e
em.edr -g em.log
It seems that there is no lamd running on this host, which indicates
that the LAM/MPI runtime environment is not operating.  The LAM/MPI
runtime environment is necessary for MPI programs to run (the MPI
program tired to invoke the "MPI_Init" function).

Please run the "lamboot" command the start the LAM/MPI runtime
environment.  See the LAM/MPI documentation for how to invoke
"lamboot" across multiple machines.

Please tell me what is wrong  here ?