[gmx-users] MD run error

Mahalakshmi S mlakshmis at iitm.ac.in
Fri Jan 6 13:45:30 CET 2006

Dear All,

I am a newbie to gromacs.
I am trying to do a MD simulation for 2ns at constant temperature of 298K
and a constant pressure of 1atm. Temperature and pressure were
regulated by weak coupling to an external bath and
electrostatics was dealt by using a 8angstrom Coulombic cut-off. I
fully solvated the structure with SPC water in a cubic box with a 20
angstrom edge length. I did energy minimization for the structure using
steepest descents for 1000 steps and a position restrained MD run. I want
the system to eveolve according to Newton's equation of motion, with
equations being integrated every 2fs. I am trying to do a full MD and I am
getting error. I am attaching the full.mdp file. Below you would find the
errors which I got. Please let me know whats wrong wit my full.mdp or how
could I correct this error.

I executed this command :

grompp -v -f full.mdp -o full.tpr -c after_pr.grp -p ubq.top.

It gives me the following error :
  reating statusfile for 1 node...
  Sorry couldn't backup mdout.mdp to ./#mdout.mdp.2#
  WARNING 1 [file full.mdp, line unknown]:
   Unknown left-hand warnings in parameter file

checking input for internal consistency...
calling /usr/bin/cpp...
sh: gromppmMKf08: No such file or directory
cpp exit code: 256
Tried to execute: '/usr/bin/cpp  -I/usr/local/share/gromacs/top  ubq.top >
gromppmMKf08'
The '/usr/bin/cpp' command is defined in the .mdp file
processing topology...
Cleaning up temporary file gromppmMKf08
Fatal error: Could not open gromppmMKf08

Thanks,
Lakshmi