[gmx-users] Error showing for FE atom

Nataraj B (R&D-Biotech) nataraj at orchidpharma.com
Sat Jan 7 13:45:43 CET 2006

Dear GROMACS users,
                 The protein of my interest having Fe(II) in its active
site. While generating topology for the protein, it shows error as

Fatal error: Residue 'FE' not found in residue topology database

But When I replaced FE by Zn it works, I also referred the topology files
under ../Gromacs/3.1_sgi/share/top/  where the atom types for FE has been
defined as it did for Zn ion.

Kindly help me to fix the problem.

(Note : I am running GROMACS ready compiled EXE program for IRIX6.5 in SGI)

Thanks in Advance !

B.Nataraj

Disclaimer: This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information
and is sent for the intended recipient(s) only. If by an addressing or
transmission error this mail has been misdirected to you, you are requested
to delete this mail immediately. You are also hereby notified that any use,
any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its
attachment other than by its intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited.