[gmx-users] Problems with HExxH-Zn coodrination in OPLSA ff

Maik Goette mgoette at mpi-bpc.mpg.de
Mon Jan 9 16:42:32 CET 2006

Dear Jorge

I am sorry, that my script propably won't help you.
It searches for sulphurs in CYSs. Thats the first problem.
It further attaches bonds and angles to the topology file, which
restrict the zinc ion from diffusing away. This is only practicable, if
the zinc isn't included in binding, I suppose.
The charges, it attaches to the zinc, depend on data for a 4-coordinated
zinc ion.Thats the second problem.
If you are able to modify python-"code" to search for the glutamate and
the water oxygen and some other things, it should work.
The scientifc-package has to be installed also.
If you still want it, send me a mail and I will send it to you.

Regards

Maik Goette, Dipl. Biol.
Theoretical & computational biophysics department
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen
Germany
Tel.  : ++49 551 201 2310