[gmx-users] gromacs 3.3 build on x86_64

Erik Lindahl lindahl at sbc.su.se
Tue Jan 10 10:56:09 CET 2006

Hi Reinhold,

First try to compile this with gcc, and if that doesn't work either
report back with your operating system and icc version.

On Jan 6, 2006, at 10:32 AM, Reinh.Bader at t-online.de wrote:

>  The configure step generates warnings:
>
> checking rpc/rpc.h presence... yes
> configure: WARNING: rpc/rpc.h: present but cannot be compiled
> configure: WARNING: rpc/rpc.h:     check for missing prerequisite
> headers?
> configure: WARNING: rpc/rpc.h: see the Autoconf documentation
> configure: WARNING: rpc/rpc.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be
> Compiled"
> configure: WARNING: rpc/rpc.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's
> result
> configure: WARNING: rpc/rpc.h: in the future, the compiler will
> take precedence
> configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------ ##
> configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to gmx-users at gromacs.org ##
> configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------ ##
>
>   in config.log the compilation error is:
>
>  configure:25374: checking rpc/rpc.h usability
> configure:25386: icc -c -O3 -xW -no-gcc -I/lrz/sys/lib/fftw/3.0.1/
> include -I/usr/local/include conftest.c >&5
> /usr/include/rpc/xdr.h(304): error: identifier "int64_t" is undefined
>   extern bool_t xdr_int64_t (XDR *__xdrs, int64_t *__ip) __THROW;
>
>   The same problem occurs when trying to access rpc/xdr.h, which
> apparently leads configure
>   to believe that the XDR libs are not available.

Well, they are available, but we cannot use them since the compiler
issues a fatal error when we include the headers.

If you really want icc you might want to try and compile the code on
a EM64t pentium - I can imagine Intel doesn't exactly care about bugs
on AMD processors :-)

Cheers,

Erik

Erik Lindahl  <lindahl at sbc.su.se>     Backup address:
<erik.lindahl at gmail.com>
Assistant Professor, Computational Structural Biology
Stockholm Bioinformatics Center, Stockholm University, SE 106 91
Stockholm
Phone: +46 8 5537 8564     Fax: +46 8 5537 8214