[gmx-users] constrained minimization

David Mobley dmobley at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 21:55:35 CET 2006

Rob,

There *is* an option for dihedral restraints in GROMACS if that's what
you're after (not sure if you are trying to distinguish between
*constraints* and *restraints*). You can of course minimize with
dihedrals, distances, and angles *restrained*, but this is a different
thing from minimizing with *constraints* on those things. Dihedral
*restraints* are like this:

topology file:

[ dihedral_restraints ]
; i j k l            type     label  phi  dphi  kfac          power
1410 1393 1391 2610  1        0      -140  0  fc_dihed     2

mdp file:
<snip>
define = -Dfc_dihed=41.84
<snip>