[gmx-users] genion error

Hiromichi Tsurui tsurui at med.juntendo.ac.jp
Sun Jan 15 11:16:08 CET 2006

Dear Gromax users;

I want to neutralize my system consisting of a protein and spc water
molecules. After I determined the charge to neutralize using grompp (the
system has -14), I entered as follows;

genion -s topol.tpr -c confout.gro -np 14
then appeared

Select a continuous group of solvent molecule

Opening a library file /usr/local/gromacs/share/top/aminoacids.dat

Group 0 ( System) has 92736 elements

Group 1 ( Protein) has 4035 elements

Group 2 ( Protein-H) has 3144 elements

.

.

.

.

.

Group 13 ( Other ) has 88701 elements

Select a group:

However, after I entered 0, error message appeared,

Fatal error : Your solvent group size (92736) is not a multiple of 11

When I entered 1,

Fatal error : Your solvent group size (4035) is not a multiple of 11

When I entered 2,

Fatal error : The solvent group is not continuous: index[1]=1,
index[2]=5

When I entered 3,

Fatal error : The solvent group is not continuous: index[1]=5,
index[2]=14

When I entered 4,

Fatal error : The solvent group is not continuous: index[1]=1,
index[2]=5

and so on.

How shold I neutralize the system ?

Thank you for your cooperation.