[gmx-users] Locally Enhanced Sampling

Ran Friedman ran at hemi.tau.ac.il
Mon Jan 16 09:22:17 CET 2006

David van der Spoel wrote:

> Ran Friedman wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> You're probably better off with moil.
>>
> That does seem to have it implemented.
>
> Naive question: what does the algorithm do?

Roughly, it samples part of the system of interest during a simulation
by making multiple copies of this part only, hence the name.

>> Ran.
>>
>> Alexandre Suman de Araujo wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Gmxers!
>>>
>>> I´d like to perform some Locally Enhanced Sampling (LES) simulations
>>> of a ligand in a protein and I´d like to know if it´s possible with
>>> Gromacs and, if yes, what I need to do to implement this kind of
>>> simulations.
>>> Thanks!

Ran Friedman
http://bioinfo.tau.ac.il/~ran
Laser Laboratory for Fast Reactions in Biology
Department of Biochemistry
Faculty of Life Sciences
Tel-Aviv University
Tel. +972-3-6409824