[gmx-users] references on binding

Ran Friedman ran at hemi.tau.ac.il
Mon Jan 16 09:30:31 CET 2006

Hi,

We've performed one such simulation with a lipid binding protein
(Biochemistry 44:4275, 2005). We started with the ligand on the protein
surface and ended with it being inside the protein, on the way to the
active site (but not in the site). I doubt if you find simulations that
really show the whole binding process due to sampling, unless you refer
to very fast processes.

Ran.

Diego Vallejo wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I would like to know about MD simulations of a protein-ligand binding
>process (not MD of complexes or  Free Energy Calculations, not steered
>dynamics, nor with pull springs, etc.)
>I mean a simulation starting from two molecules far apart and ending
>with the complex without artificial forces.
>Could you please pass the main references? (David, Erik,  Anton...?)
>Could be with gromacs or not.
>Thanks a lot.
>
>Diego Vallejo
>vallejo at iflysib.unlp.edu.ar
>diego.vallejo at gmail.com
>
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> This Mail Was Scanned By Mail-seCure System
> at the Tel-Aviv University CC.

Ran Friedman
http://bioinfo.tau.ac.il/~ran
Laser Laboratory for Fast Reactions in Biology
Department of Biochemistry
Faculty of Life Sciences
Tel-Aviv University
Tel. +972-3-6409824