[gmx-users] tilt angle

taveechai taveecharoenkool taweehui at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 16 20:46:18 CET 2006

Dear all,
 I have one helice inserting in POPC bilayer. I want
to measure tilt angle from z axis.
 this is command line which i use : g_bundle -f
system.trr -s helice.tpr -na 1 -ot ot.xvg -otr otr.xvg
-otl otl.xvg -z -n tilt.ndx
 ==>in tilt.ndx, i used first 3 alpha C and last 3
alpha C groups.
 The results i got  which should be from otr.xvg gave
0 at 0ns which should not be true because i view this
helice by rasmol it has some-degree(~10) angle. And ot
file also didn't give that supposed to be by eye with
rasmol.
 What i did wrong, or any suggestions.
thanks in advance,
Tav