[gmx-users] glycosylated residues

Maik Goette mgoette at mpi-bpc.mpg.de
Tue Jan 17 12:29:49 CET 2006

Hi

First: It would be helpful to know, which FF you'll use.
Second: If you use PRODRG, it "just" produces GMX-FF-parameters at the
moment.

So, if you want to use GMX-FF, then just create your molecule with PRODRG.

If you use AMBER- or OPLSAA-FF, you can do, what I always do in those
situations...Intuitive (NO, not intelligent!) design...;)

Take the ribose from RNA as a template and start "guessing" values,
which seem probable.
The correct way to do it, would be gaining parameters from QM, though.

Sorry, that this isn't much help, but better this, than nothing. ;)

Regards

Maik Goette, Dipl. Biol.
Theoretical & computational biophysics department
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen
Germany
Tel.  : ++49 551 201 2310