[gmx-users] links

upolzben at savba.sk upolzben at savba.sk
Tue Jan 17 15:10:37 CET 2006

                          Dear all,
yesterday did my first installation of Gromacs in Linux. I am not familiar with
this program at all. I have problem, since the executable mdrun can be executed
only in usr/local/share/gromacs/gromacs-3.3/bin directory. I have tried to use
make -C usr/local/share/gromacs/gromacs-3.3 links.
This process has finished with following
 make -C /usr/local/share/gromacs/gromacs-3.3 links make: Entering directory
`/usr/local/share/gromacs/gromacs-3.3'
cd /usr/local/share/gromacs/gromacs-3.3/bin && programs=`ls` && cd /usr/local/bi
n && \
for i in $programs; do \
   (test ! -f $i && ln -s /usr/local/share/gromacs/gromacs-3.3/bin/$i . ; exit 0
); \done
make: Leaving directory `/usr/local/share/gromacs/gromacs-3.3'.
Unfortunately the mdrun is still recognized only in the above mentioned bin
directory. Could you be so kind and give me advice how to cope with this
problem. Thank you in advance.
Greetings
Zuzana