[gmx-users] Error estimation with TI

Maik Goette mgoette at mpi-bpc.mpg.de
Tue Jan 17 17:08:48 CET 2006

Thank you David

I am aware of the fact, that FEP seems to be the better way.
I just would like to compare both methods for my system.
Nevertheless another question concerning FEP:
The values in dgdl.xvg have to be treated somehow, I suppose. ;)
I am not sure, if those values are "real" dG- or still dG/dl-values.
Can you tell me, how to treat those values properly, to get the correct
dG for each lambda run?
And how to treat the dGs from the different lambda runs to get one
overall dG?

Regards

Maik Goette, Dipl. Biol.
Theoretical & computational biophysics department
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen
Germany
Tel.  : ++49 551 201 2310