[gmx-users] Re: velocities not rescaled

Viswanadham Sridhara muta.mestri at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 19:50:16 CET 2006

Hi David,
Its from one of the journal papers. Let me post what it said.
----- This is what the paper says-----
Alamethicin Helices in a Bilayer and in Solution: Molecular
Dynamics Simulations
D. Peter Tieleman,* Mark S. P. Sansom,# and Herman J. C. Berendsen*
The pros and cons of this approach have
been
discussed by, e.g., Tobias et al. (1997). Water, lipid, and protein were
coupled separately to a temperature bath at 300 K, with a coupling constant
tT 5 0.1 ps.      The velocities of the atoms were not scaled during the
simulation.    Although the use of separate temperature baths for different
components of the system may be considered unphysical, it is necessary to
avoid temperature gradients, and the parameters used have been chosen
empirically to minimize the known drawbacks of this procedure.

--------
Thanks David.