[gmx-users] problem with gromacs installation on SGI

dastmalchi.s at tbzmed.ac.ir dastmalchi.s at tbzmed.ac.ir
Tue Jan 24 03:06:51 CET 2006

Dear Gromacs users,

I am trying to install Gromacs on my sgi (irix 6.5). I cannot see any
problem in the configuration step and it finishes with no error message
but after issuing the make command, it is complaining and gives the
following error at the end:

cc-1515 cc:ERROR File = ghat.c, line 233
 A value of type “int” cannot be assigned to an entity of type “real ***”.

	gh	= mk_rgrid(ix,iy,iz);
		^

1 error detected in the compilation of “ghat.c”.
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
*** Error code 1 (bu21)

I will appreciate it if anyone can help.

Cheers, Siavoush