[gmx-users] Re: dssp on PC

Christoph Weise cfweise at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 26 15:35:05 CET 2006

One thing I noticed trying out dssp on XP (binary from
http://swift.cmbi.ru.nl/gv/dssp/) is that it is very
quiet so the source of trouble is difficult to trace.
In my case I found some downloaded pdb's were missing
a critical "MODEL" line and dssp was therefore not
returning output.

As for the path problem, I did it the easy/hard way: I
called dssp from within MATLAB with full filenames
including paths.

The recommended approach on the dssp webpage,

dsspcmbi source.pdb destination.dssp >messages.txt

doesn't seem to write messages.txt

Christoph