[gmx-users] need help with free energy of solvation calculati on

David Mobley dmobley at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 16:15:48 CET 2006

Jonathan,

That sounds better. Have you done any error analysis? (i.e. with
calculating correlation times). Also, it is worth looking to see
whether the Yu paper used soft cores? In my experience there is still
a lot of published work which doesn't use soft cores, and this makes
me skeptical whether it can be trusted.

I don't know if you plan to publish this particular work, but it is
always useful, IMO, to have these sorts of calculations as a
benchmark: As you've found out, it can be nontrivial to reproduce
published work (and indeed, sometimes it isn't reproducible); anytime
there *is* reasonable agreement, it's worth getting it out there so
people can use it as a test case to make sure they're doing things
properly.

David